Sarah Kautz, preservation director of the Society for the Preservation of Long Island Antiquities, joins us to discuss their new list of most endangered historic places on Long Island.
From the homes of African American and Native American workers to the grand estates of the Gilded Age, each site offers a window into the Island’s past and to the complex challenges of historic preservation.
- SPLIA’s Endangered Historic Places 2017
- Friends of Cedarmere
- Bethel Christian Avenue Historic District (National Register application)
- Friends of the Fowler House (Facebook)
- Indian Fields (from On This Site project)
- Oakdale Historical Society (Facebook)
- York Hall (Kings Park Heritage Museum)
- Interview with Jason Crowley (2016)